Terms and Conditions
We strongly suggest that you read, and understand, our standard Terms and Conditions. We feel that items highlighted are particularly important. Please contact UK-TEFL if you have any questions relating to these terms.
1. A non-refundable deposit of £10 per person is required at the time of booking and must be sent with the completed application form, paid online or over the telephone.
2. The balance of the course is due 2 weeks prior to the course date. All balance payments are non refundable. If this last payment does not reach us by the date specified, UK-TEFL reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 2 weeks or less before the course date the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. A student may change the date and/or location of their chosen course up to 2 weeks before the start date of their course for a fee of £20. Within two weeks of the course the fee for changing a course date is £75.
4. We reserve the right to change or cancel the course. The very nature of the TEFL course offered requires flexibility by all parties. For this reason the outline itinerary and description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the course, and not as a contractual obligation.
5. Receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. UK-TEFL will confirm acceptance of your booking in writing or via electronic mail.
6. Food and related costs, and transport to and accommodation at the venue are not included in the price of this TEFL course.
7. If a student misses any day of their TEFL course, for whatever reason, they may attend the missed days on another date for a reduced rate of £50 per day. This is dependent on availability.
8. In the event of a UK-TEFL trainer being unable to attend due to trainer illness or other circumstances beyond their control, the course may be cancelled. UK-TEFL will endeavor to provide an alternative trainer but this is not always possible. Refunds of any fees paid will be made but no liability shall be taken for travel or accommodation costs.
9. If you have purchased an NCFE certificate and then you fail the formal assessment you may still meet the requirements for an attendance certificate. This will be posted out to you if applicable.
If you would like to re-attempt the formal assessment for an NCFE certificate, you can attend another course for £50 per day. Alternatively, if you have failed the NCFE assessment but are satisfied with the attendance certificate, you can apply for a refund of the £10 certificate fee as part of the total NCFE option price. To do so, simply call 0871 222 1231.
10. UK-TEFL reserves the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained on the UK-TEFL website at any time.
11. UK-TEFL does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services, weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are your responsibility. Force majeure represents unusual and unforeseeable circumstances such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
12. UK-TEFL does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the application form. Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the sole domain of the English courts.
13. You must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract at the time to us and give us the opportunity to arrive at a satisfactory solution.
14. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the two or three day TEFL Course you have purchased, you are entitled to a full refund within seven days from the date you made the purchase of the course. Any cancellations made after this date are non-refundable.
15. The health and safety of students on our courses is a high priority for us. UK-TEFL endeavours to help this process by making reasonable provisions at each UK-TEFL Course Location. To read the procedure click here.
16. Online TEFL is provided by our strategic partners, Star TEFL. All correspondence relating to the Online TEFL course should be directed to Star-TEFL (0800 0337 928)
17. UK-TEFL give customers the opportunity to provide details of any specific requirements, for example visual impairment. We welcome students to notify us of any special needs by calling our friendly team on 0871 222 1231.
18. By signing the application form, verbally agreeing on the telephone or ticked the relevant box on the website you are agreeing to accept all these conditions. The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
19. UK-TEFL adheres to the Data Protection Act 1988.